Thursday 29 November 2012

And so Kwena came to life


So, I have a talent to work with colours, fabric and leather, and make magic with it.
I'm embracing this talent as of today and sharing it with the rest of you reading here.

Here is a tan leather handbag I recently made:


Kwena means Crocodile in Setswana; the reason for the name comes from a time I spent in Botswana researching crocodiles.
I had to think of what to do when I get back home, and Kwena was born - starting with mosquito nets, hammocks, girls dresses, and beaded handbags.
It then naturally progressed into leather handbags, though I haven't made anything out of crocodile hide yet!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! veels geluk, jou blog is pragtig! kan nie wag om meer hier te lees nie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baie geluk en welkom in die blogosphere, Willie! Dit lyk lieflik :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baie mooi Wilna, gaan jy dit verkoop oor die net?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha en nou sien ek die, buy online link. Ek's bietjie stadig vandag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ja!
      Ja, het jy gesien die link waar ek verkoop is padstal.com?

      Oee, ek het daai video van Clara en Vincent op die rocking chair geniet - jislaaik, hulle is darem oulik!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Wilna,

    Baie geluk, jou blog is beautiful!!! Gaan dit fyn dophou van nou af en verwag nuwe dinge!!

    Stunning!

    ReplyDelete